Friday, August 13, 2010

End Year 1 of PT School

Well, the first year of PT school is over and done with the completion of my first clinical rotation today. It was awesome! I loved the people I worked with. The clinic was very small-- 1 PT, 1 PTA, 1 tech and the one and only myself. The PTA and tech were very independent, so I often got the PT to myself for questions. All the staff were very friendly and I felt like we got along great, which is such a change from my last 2 jobs. :-p I really enjoyed being with real live patients, rather than case studies and books. Live people put in much more of an "X" factor into clinical situations that cases studies do. I didn't mind though; between my job last summer and PT school, I doubt I can be surprised by much of any sort of human behavior anymore.
I am returning home tomorrow to my own birthday party that my housemate, Kassia, is throwing for me because she is a sweetheart.
I am sad to report that PT school has caused one fatality. My beloved sugar glider, Simeon, passed away earlier this week. I would be willing to bet that my lack of time to pay him or his sisters much attention probably played a large factor in his death. As my mom said though, it couldn't be helped. Simeon has flown his last over the rainbow bridge.
For the next two weeks, I will turn my attention to wedding planning, commencing.... now! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment