Thursday, March 26, 2015

The World of Ice and Fire: A Book Review

The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of ThronesThe World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The majority of this book was great. It was very interesting seeing the back story to the story Martin is telling. Like my high school history teacher said, if you don't know where you've been, how can you know where you're going? Maybe there's some foreshadowing here... :-) maybe not. Enjoyable none-the-less. My one qualm was when I arrived in the section of the book dedicated to the principle city/states outside of Westeros... there was no map! So each section would begin by describing where the highlighted city-state was in relation to other things, but I, being so visually inclined, was completely lost at these junctures.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that George R.R. martin asked for math homework help when he was young? His parents want him to study science, but he loved reading literature, especially phantasy. Nowadays his parents have to be proud of him. I love his books so much!

    ReplyDelete