Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Comfortable Work Footwear

Wanted to address an issue I've had before and seems to be a common theme among women in the workforce: work shoes.

Now, they can't be too manly... or too out there stylistically in most environments... but at the same time, so many are on their feet for hours, many women's shoes out there are just plain painful. Fear not! Beauty does not have to be pain!

The best shoes I've found for working long hours on your feet are light duty hiking shoes like these from Keen...


Or trail runners like these that I'm currently wearing from Brooks....


Now, I am by no means advertising on purpose for these particular shoes. (I've never actually worn this particular Keen pair.) However, having always had a job where I was on my feet at least 8 hours a day, my feet have been the happiest in these types of shoes. So if you're in the shoe market, if you can wear a tennis type shoe to work in, I'd ask my favorite shoe store personnel to show me lightweight hiking or trail running shoes.

If I were in a job where tennis type shoes were unacceptable, the Keen brand also offers other more "stylish" types of shoes. I have worked in these from Keen...


They were pretty comfy, but I will admit they didn't last as long as the tennis type and that I use the word stylish loosely here. They have others that are cuter too...


They also have more sandal and flip flop types for those that aren't required to wear closed toes. For example...


Or to be a little less brand specific, how about some good old Chacos...


I'm sure other brands that mostly do hiking shoes also have more street friendly shoes too, I just haven't ventured into them, because I'm quite happy with my current pair of Brooks and past multiple pairs of Keens.

No matter what shoe you pick, take care of your feet while you work. They're kinda connected to the rest of the body. Those sore feet will slowly creep up your body into knees, and hips and back. I love you all too much to want to see you on my treatment table.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete