Sunday, August 26, 2012

Massive Input Language Learning Resources #2

Alright, now that I've been using a lot of the stuff I talked about in the original post of the same name, thought I'd give a little feedback.

My only complaint and caution so far is that the SpanishPod101 place will use your saved funds info to automatically renew you for another month after you initial subscription without asking and of course it will do so for the most expensive version, the $25 premium version. I think if you go to your account before your free subscription is up, you can stop it. I figured they'd do that, but at least send an e-mail first. Nope. Anyway, user beware.

Also, I've found Pandora also very useful. I started the station with an artist that I heard on the Mexican radio station I listened to. I got her name by using my phone apps Shazam and SoundHound. The one I'm using is Paulina Rubio. She's a pop artist. I'm using pop not necessarily because that's my favorite genre, but because they speak slow enough that I can generally get the actual words they're saying. Pandora is also useful in that you can read along with the lyrics for many songs, not all though. I also made a station of Jesse & Joy. This station is even slower as it's mostly love ballads.

Then today I stumbled across this on YouTube:



How fun is that?! Learn some slang! Sweetness! Haven't really looked to see if there's much more in the way of this, but this one's fun! Probably some more out there!

Anyway, there's some more stuff I didn't think of for the last post. Hope everyone's learning is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment