Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Hobbit: A Book Review


The HobbitThe Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As amazing as it sounds, this really was my first time reading The Hobbit. Although I've been mostly a classic lit reader for the majority of my reading life, I've not ventured much into fantasy, hence why I've never read this. Maybe it was reading at bedtime, or maybe it was the smooth, fluid quality of the prose, but I fell asleep so fast every time I picked this up to read! That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, nor did I feel it lacking somewhere. It was everything a fantasy book should be-- full of strange creatures, adventure, disguises, peril. I just really couldn't get into and just fly through it like I usually do a book with this good of a story. Did enjoy it though. Who knows, maybe I'll go on to The Lord of the Rings. I know, I know. *gasp* I haven't read those either. Fantasy lovers, please don't crucify me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment