Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe: A Book Review


Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop CafeFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a wonderful telling of the life story of two totally different generations of Southern women. The juxtaposition between the two was beautiful. Loved the story telling format. So many of my elderly patients go on and on about "the good old days" just like Mrs. Threadgoode did. It was also interesting comparing my own generation to the two presented, which is again, totally different. Times do keep on a changin' and we Southern women roll along with it, for better or for worse. I will say that I grew up watching this movie. The movie keeps with the book fairly well, except toward the end. I love the way the book wraps up though. I gave the story 4 stars, really, but had to take one away for the shoddy editing on the Kindle version. There seems to be a pattern here of crappy editing/formatting on the Kindle e-books. As a discerning and avid reader, rampant typos and whonky indentations drive me batty. Amazon, if you're out there listening, please, please, PLEASE tell your e-book publishers that they didn't check it twice!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment